Monday, April 03, 2006

Do You Have 525,600 Minutes To Spare?



I love, love, LOVE this film.

I know, its got a ton of divided reviews. But most of the dissing comes from the diehard critiques of the musical. I haven't seen it on Broadway, of course (I only have the DVD) but after seeing this adaptation, can you say: New York, here I come? hehe.

Well, in its core, its a barebones story that was a little bit ahead of its time. Nowadays, AIDS-themed films are but commonplace, but when this show was first shown on stage, it broke taboos.

Its Bohemian life and struggles less the glamourized look of Moulin Rouge. And its set in post modern 1989 in the seedy part of Manhattan.


Tom (er..) Collins , Angel, Mimi, Roger, Joanne, Maurice, Mark



Funny thing, I was SUCH a fanboy, that I was singing along in the audience every single time! And this guy beside me, who was so obviously a fag was trying so hard to restrain himself from breaking out into a song and he was looking at me like I'm the queenest of the queens. I don't care. Let him stay in his closet. I'm having fun. hahaha.

I just love the simplicity of the songs. Its nothing fancy, nor pretentious. And the melody was just so catchy. I'm more of the Les Mis, orchestra musical type, but I love the urban rock theme of the songs. It was such a welcome change.

My friend Paulo wanted to see Ice Age 2 last Saturday. Hell no, I wouldn't pay P160 just to see a 1 hour CGI that I could see for free on HBO a few months down the line. So Ian and I scurried away and saw this instead. Sorry Pau! hehe.

Rent = love. Go see.

Oh and for haters, eat me. hehe.

-7=8=7=8=7=8=7=8=7=8=7=8=7=8=7=8=7=8=7=8=7=8=7=8=-



[Music of the Moment: "525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure,
measure a year?"
]
[Mood: bohemian ]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home