Friday, June 10, 2005

What We All Want

I got this from an online friend (thanks, Paris!). Actually, the story is a bit too heterosexual for me so I tweaked it up a bit because its all true, regardless of our preference. All the colored text are mine. I just substituted pronouns and added a line or two to spice it up. Plagiarism? Nope. Just intellectual property refurbishing (and its not like this is a published work or something, I know you love me enough to allow me this, right?).

In a brief conversation, a boy asked another boy he was pursuing, the question, "What kind of man are you looking for?" He sat quietly for a moment before looking him in the eye and asked.

"Do you really want to know?" Reluctantly, he said,
"Yes." He began to expound...

As a liberated gay boy in this day and age,
I am in a position to ask a man what he can do for me that I can't do for myself.
I pay my own bills.
I take care of my household without the help of any man...or woman for that matter.
I am in the position to ask, "What can you bring to the table?"

The other boy looked at him. Clearly he thought that he
was referring to money.

He quickly corrected his thought and stated, "I am
not referring to money. I need something more."

I need a man who is striving for perfection in every
aspect of life."


He sat back in his chair, folded his arms, and asked
him to explain.

He said, "I am looking for someone who is striving
for perfection mentally because I need conversation
and mental stimulation. I don't need a simple-minded man."

I am looking for someone who is striving for
perfection spiritually because I don't need to be
unequally yoked... believers mixed with unbelievers
is a recipe for disaster.

I need a man who is striving for perfection
financially because I don't need a financial burden.
I am looking for someone who is sensitive enough to
understand what I go through, but
strong enough to keep me grounded.

I am looking for someone who I can respect.
In order to be submissive, I must respect him. I cannot be
submissive to a man who isn't taking care of his
business. I have no problem being submissive... he
just has to be worthy.

I can't help a man if he can't help himself.


When he finished his spiel, he looked at him.
He sat there with a puzzled look on his face. He said,
"You're asking a lot."

He replied, "I'm worth a lot."



[Music of the Moment: This Train Don't Stop There Anymore - Elton John ]
[Mood: beaming ]

2 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Anonymous the hell said...

kilig 'to.
thanks for refurbishing the story.

you call it refurbishing. i call it tailoring. yeys.

dumadaan lang pow, kumare.

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger advent said...

dalawa talaga mag post ng comment. panalo ka. hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home