Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Heteros, PLU's, Lend Me Your Ears

If you're gay and you haven't heard of the Pride Event on the 25th, well then you must have been living under a rock. Hetero people, you are excused and I'm posting this just to let you know that you're welcome to attend it too.

So, who's going?
And what are you wearing?

Heaven and Hell is the concept. If you ask me, this theme had been rehashed to death by so many events. Where's the legendary creativity PLU people are supposed to be known for? There are so many other themes out there dying to be tried. From the top of my head, I imagine something like "Drag Queens Are From Venus, Twinkies Are From Mars - Raunchy Space cowboys and everything else in between" or "Pop Culture/Hit T.V. Shows- Dress up as your favorite S.A.T.C., Desperate Housewives, (heck even Darna!) etc, characters!". Now those would have been a blast! Oh well, spectators cant be choosers. But it would be interesting what people will come up with as their outfits for this year.

I'm thinking of coming as an angel . Before you roll your eyes, its with a twist of course. I'll be scouring for that Angel Gabriel outfit. You know, from that Keanu flick, Constantine? Her/His wings were so damn fine, and so were those pants/leg warmers! Actually Becky Paolo (remember that guy from the pics wearing a 'grass' skirt?) is doing the same thing. Unahan kami sa Divisoria to buy those feathers! hehe.

But then again saying what you'll be wearing would spawn a slew of copycats or would altogether spoil the fun now, wouldn't it? I have a back up plan of course. Something completely different. And I'm not telling, of course. You just have to see it.

Anyway, please support the pride event. I have friends in the organizing committee and it would cause tears of pearls if it flops. Hehe, kidding. Come rain and icky muddy streets, see yah there on the 25th!

+++
shorties:

Michael Jackson and the doctor are walking out of the delivery room after his wife gives birth to their son. Michael says, "How long before we can have sex?" The doctor says, "At least wait until he's walking."

To all MJ fans out there, I'm so sorry, but I this just made me chuckle.


[Music of the Moment: Come On And Get Me - MYMP]
[Mood: proud ]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home