Monday, May 02, 2005

Literally, Between Acts

So, allow me yet another intermission.

There's so much life I've left to live
And this fire is burning still
When I watch you look at me
I think I could find the will
To stand for every dream
And forsake this solid ground
And give up this fear within
Of what would happen if they ever knew
I'm in love with you


Things I've learned from the Top 5 Contestants of American Idol4

1. Bo Bice - you just have to stay true to your roots. As he said/sang "..don't wanna be anything other than what I'm tryin to be lately.." Pretentious people tend to fall on the wayside out on their own accord, no effort needed on your part. If in some weeks, they step over your comfort zone, worry not. A surprise vindication is in the works. And it always does happen.

2. Carrie Underwood - everybody loves Pinnochio. It can be seen in everyday things, in this case entertainment. Wooden acting, now wooden singing/performance. I don't know if she just had a facelift, or her mug was just pasted on to her head, but she can't even show a tinge of emotion in any of her numbers. She's the caucasian equivalent of our very own, Kyla. Vocally gifted, but emotionally devoid. As she said in the interview after singing about "cakes and chinese checkers", she doesnt know what the hell she's doing.

3. Vonzell Solomon - You can be vocally better and can connect to your audience better and can perform better (basically be in a completely different league) than little Miss Pinnochio above, but if you don't have the pimping of the judges, then your days are numbered. Very much like professional life. Buffoons get ahead thanks to other buffoons. Let's hear it for this girl.

4. Scott Savog, er, Savol - you can get away with murder...Murdering songs, that is. Also, people don't care about your past. You could be a wife beater, a philanderer, even the leader of the Third Reich, but as long as you have that elusive "masa" appeal, against all odds, you will reach the infinite heights.

5. Anthony Fedorov - sometimes, even if you pour your heart out in a song or whatever you do for that matter, even if you give the best performance for the night/of your life, even if you take a huge risk, life would still punch you square in the face. Did you notice that he was so shocked to be in the bottom two? And he wore his glasses after the commercials, because in his heart he feared that it was his time to go, and it would be very painful to cry with contact lenses on? (awwwww...come here you!)How could you, tone deaf people of America?! (well, at least, you eliminated Mr. Maroulis who was a lot more pitch problems than Mr. Savog, er, Savol)

'Cause I'd surrender everything
To feel the chance to live again
I reach to you
I know you can feel it too
We'd make it through
A thousand dreams I still believe
I'd make you give them all to me
I'd hold you in my arms and never let go
I surrender

~ I Surrender by Louis Biancaniello and Sam Watters

Obsessing about this song as of the moment. Beautiful words, honest melody. That, and having someone who provides the accompaniment to my symphony...Yup, I believe in that L word once again.

[Music of the Moment: I Surrender -Anthony's and Celine's version played simultaneously ]
[Mood: learning ]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home