Thursday, April 21, 2005

Intermission

I interrupt this train of thought to talk about something else. Come on, you don't really want to hear everything in a single gulp now do you? I thought so, too.

I must admit I've never been this much hooked on American Idol. Not even last year when we had, not 1 but 2 representatives on the show, it was pretty *meh to me. But this year, they got to me. Maybe because there is sooo much talent oozing from all the contestants to the point where there is no obvious choice since everyone has their own stuff to strut. Maybe because everyone has this unique charisma, their own spice to add to the mix. Maybe because I'm doll-eyed with one in particular. Or maybe because there is one contestant who I'm pretty sure is a part of the sisterhood no matter what they say. (*winks at you Mr. I-wanna-sing-Streisand-Khan-Warwick-songs-like-its-nobody's-business).

At this point, I'm actually rooting for everyone. I love the Musicals Theme, The Birthyear Theme, 70's Dance Classic Theme. Arrg. Eventhough I missed the episode last week because I wanted to be T.V.-free on the island (and it was a good idea) I downloaded the show and watched it at work. Yep. At work. Can't help it. You know that cheesy question often thrown at singers where the dorky reporter asks "If you weren't in the business, what would you be doing?" Of course, the celebrities are stopping themselves from saying that they'd probably be selling fish and veggies at the local wet market, but if the tables were turned and I was asked that question? I'd say I'd be singing. To qoute Ms. Fantasia "Duckbill-Yeah-yeah-yeah" Barrino: I believe. :)

Ok, before I shoot myself for becoming overly mushy-ramatic, I've got some episodes to catch.

edit: This just in. We've lost our sister in the competition. I guess the pride flag would be waved in some other seasons. :( It was the dancing that turned most people (+ahem*homophobic*ahem+) off, Anwar. You should have stopped your inner fairy from bursting forth.

[Music of the Moment: Everybody's Got Something -Ford Commercial ]
[Mood: breaking into a song ]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home