Saturday, March 12, 2005

Week Enders vol.4

How appropriate. This week started with a list and it will end with one.

I've filed 2 Paid Time Off's this week. Ea's Birthday, and one which will be better left unwritten. A pending Tagaytay overnight and Pangasinan 2 weeks from now, for Darwinter's birthday. Then there's that little escapade (Boracay) next month with Wonderwall, which will span a whole week (see future entries)...Good luck with my Paid Leaves. I'm breaking a record, last year, by July I've zeroed it out. Now, its just 3 months into the year and I've halved it already...

I've got a semi official request to create a website. Two actually, the other just not that significant...Little old self taught me. I'm a (little) bit excited about it. Note to self, "Don't strive to overimpress".

I have a budding crush. And alas, this would be the undoing of my proud stance on my sexual preference. Yup. A fair maiden. And for all that is holy, I would not disclose the identity of the hapless victim. Why, why, why me?

In a few days, the PSP (Playstation Portable) will be released. Gawd, I so want this. The ultimate i-Pod killer. It has everything in it, except the clog in the kitchen sink.

We need gods -- Thor or Zeus or Krishna or Jesus or, well, God -- not so much to worship or sacrifice to, but because they satisfy our need -- distinctive from that of all the other animals -- to imagine a meaning, a sense to our lives, to satisfy our hunger to believe that the muck and chaos of daily existence does, after all, tend somewhere. It's the origin of religion, and also of storytelling -- or aren't they both the same thing? As Voltaire said of God: if he did not exist, it would have been necessary to invent him -Book of Dreams Neil Gaiman

You may seek, or you may hold on to truths you fabricated, surreal worlds abound. Whatever it may be, have a spectacular weekend, everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home