Friday, January 14, 2005

How P20 Got Me Around In A Single Night

disclaimer: this is not the post I'm referring to in the tags I dropped everywhere. See the one earlier.

Saturday.




Dencio's Makati - Temple - V. Bar - Government

+Downing huge amounts of food and alcholic beverages.+
++Dancing till our feet screamed at us. ++
-Rubbing elbows with the who's who of uptown Manille. -
+++Meeting his fabulous friends, Queen, Bea and A.J.+++
Spent all in all: P20


How is it even possible? I don't know, but the night just passed by in a swirling haze of dazzling luminescence, which emanated from the experience and the people around. And when I got home, I made a run down of my expense: P5.50 for a jeepney ride, P9.00 for a bus ride to Ayala, Makati, and P5.50 to buy candy from a street vendor near the doorstep of my pad. What happened in between?

The party at Dencio's was a smashing success. Everyone was in high spirits and everyone came in their funky hats. (whats with these parties and theme hats anyway?) Nevertheless, I still brought my cowboy/haciendero sombrero. As I expected, almost everyone came in jester's caps. Bah, clowns. Oh well, at least the booze and the fodular substances cost absolutely zero.

My Wonderwall (link) called me up to tell me that he wants to see me. He also told me that he was with his friends. I did the math, and this sent unexpected chills down my spine. All the while I thought to myself, "Nah, I don't even know any of the peeps he hangs out with." Had to sober up a bit. Oh, cancel that. Keep 'em kegs coming.

"You look alcohol-ed" he said. He always knows what to say to make me smile. "I like it, like I could almost grab you and take advantage of you". And blush.

Temple is filled to the rafters. Devotees to the gods of consumerism and decadence. Amidst the dancing I saw two goddesses in revelry. Queen and Bea. I've never been stiff at introductions before but these two lovely creatures took my breath away for a moment.

We stayed for an hour in pure ecstatic worship but we had to cut it short because there were other tabs in the itenerary. Of we headed to the hottest night spot this side of Makati: V-Bar(formerly Venetia). We got in for the most desirable price in the world: Free. Turns out Queen knew the DJ for the night, so she and her posse gets in for zilch. (Lucky 'coz I have a measly 100pesos in my wallet, not even a third of the entrance, let alone the booze.) Now this crowd, is definitely NOT mine. Too much glitter. Too celluloid. Just, too much.

After a few minutes, I decided to head back to his car to catch some much needed air. I felt like a bird in sea of Angelfish, Starfish, Goldfish and Squids. Any longer in there and I'd drown in unwarranted ostentation. Noticing that I'm not in the party mood anymore, Wonderwall followed me (much to my surprise). And there we stayed outside, just sitting down on the gutters, talking about this hot guy we saw inside; laughing at this Powerboy (not telling who) who was so stoned, he was acting himself (read: gay as chartreuse) eventhough his boyfriend is prodding him to control himself; just having a blast without so much of an effort.

Governent was the last pitstop. When we got there, not a single (biological) female was in sight. Gay guys galore: effems, bisexuals, metros, drag queens, the whole rainbow. Although a little bit discomforted by this, Q & B sashayed without batting an eyelash. We wanted to follow thier lead but of course, we don't sashay (at least not in public). We stayed for just a few minutes because our feet were rebelling against us.

One heck of a night. The highlight of which was the drive home. Hay. Wala ako masabi kung di:



Destiny's Child - Lose My Breath

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home