Friday, December 03, 2004

Had To Get This Off My Chest part 2 of 2

Disclaimer: To the person/s involved, if you happen to come across what I've written here, no apologies. I'm just basing it on how I'd experienced it. What prompted me to write this down? I'm the lord of this domain, and I do what I want to. I'd like to look back sometime in the future and remember this. For anonimity's sake, the names are substitutes for the protagonists/antagonists. Let's get the ball once more.

Foreboding. The last glimpse I'd had of the King of Crosses. We hurried down to this cozy spot in SBC downstairs. The Ides of March have to go attend to her Temple duties. So I was left with the god Dionysius and Lady Ophelia to drink to sobriety.

The lady got a call a few minutes into the conversation. It was Abelard, spewing forth molten lava. Apparently I found a way to irk the un-irkable.

"The moment I get down from here, I don't want to see him, otherwise I won't be able to control myself! You know what's gonna happen, Ophelia." The him referred to was me.

"You know, I have formed a bond of friendship with you, and you know I love you for that. But I advise thee..Please leave for your safety's sake." pleaded Ophelia.

"You know that I love you back with the same intensity. But this is nothing. Let him come. I won't leave this spot where I stand. Not for him, not for his threat." Eventhough inside it struck a minor chord of fear, I resolved to stand my ground.

Another friend arrived, Galadriel, clad in a raiment of the sun. As much as we weren't really familiar with each other, she had a gentle countenance and she held the hand of Ophelia, who summoned her to this place for consolation. It somehow felt like waiting in line for the guillotine.

The lumbering beast arrived several minutes later than the aforementioned time. In his eyes, you could almost see a hint of murderous rage.

"Who the hell do you think you are? Who are you to tell me what I do? Do you even know what's happening?" with blistering acid spewing forth from his agape jowl. He had transformed into a demi-beast. He charged at me, pointed his claws and sharpened his teeth. And at the risk of being ripped apart, I raised my lancet way up high and I aimed for his indomitable heart.

"Why do always think that the everyone is against you? Have you even paused, and tried to cut the drama, breath for a while and think that the world doesn't revolve around you? Do you even know WHY I care? Maybe because there is this ludicrously minute chance that you will be the best person there is for Ophelia. And that maybe, maybe, I can foresee that?! God what a buffoon you can be?"

Geysers shot out from the enclaves of his cavities, and I suddenly saw a movement in his armor, an arm flinging out, gathering force and I wasn't quick enough to dodge it. It landed squarely at the middle of my chest cavity almost knocking the wind out of me.

The dumbstruck counsel couldn't but lift a finger to stop this hysterical outrage. And I knew what I had to do. I had to do it on my own.

"If you want to hear what you want to hear, fine. Listen to them till your ears bleed, but whatever I did, I did because it was the right thing to do, that the woman you're courting deserve that much from you. People may have clammed up to you before, but not me. Hit me again if that's what you prefer."

For a flash of a second, I could almost swear that his eyes became human again and looked vulnerable. Alas that was but a effervescent. Montrosity overcame him once more.

His eyes still smoldering he screamed beneath seething breath, "This is not over. Ophelia, let's go." And that was it. Ophelia chose to go into the arms of this demon. He whisked her away and that's what really rended my heart.

I took solace in the comforting words of Galadriel. It was only then that the pain set in. Tears were falling but I was smiling. The pain was inconsequential. Its fleeting. A single bold gesture permeats eternity.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home