Friday, December 31, 2004

Drive-by's and Churros con Chocolate

Daydream, delusion, limousine, eyelash / Oh baby with your pretty face / Drop a tear in my wineglass / Look at those big eyes / See what you mean to me / Sweet-cakes and milkshakes / I'm delusion angel / I'm fantasy parade / I want you to know what I think / Don't want you to guess anymore / You have no idea where I came from / We have no idea where we're going / Latched in life / Like branches in a river/ Flowing downstream / Caught in the current / I'll carry you / You'll carry me / That's how it could be / Don't you know me? / Don't you know me by now?


x x x


Celine: You know what I want?
Jesse: What?
Celine: To be kissed.
Jesse: Well I can do that.


x x x


One balmy, early morning December 30, 2004, corner table at Dulcinea looking out to Greenbelt 3.

Advent: "That's what I'm scared of."

Darkwinter: "..."

Paulo: "A, basta. He will ask you eventually and you know he will. What will you do then, say no to him?"

Advent: "It was just a simple kiss. I don't want to complicate things."

Toshi: "And you kissed him back."

Advent: ".."

Toshi: "There you go again, why wouldn't you just admit that you are falling for him?"

Advent: "Because I'm not...I don't want to. We are happy where we are. Mas gugustuhin kong
maging kaibigan ng pangmatagalan, kesa boyfriend na panandalian. Are you gonna finish
that?" *points to beef tapa strip.

Darkwinter: "Take it. *evil grin* You two should have seen him last night. I was there. Well, the first half that is. Nag bu beautiful eyes pa nung
niyakap siya ni -----." *does a Garfield impression

Toshi, Paulo: "Naman! We know. Yan pa." *snickers

Advent: "Oh, shut up. First of all, you're exaggerating my dear. My eyes have always been like that. And next, kayong dalawa, what do you mean na 'Yan pa'? hmp, mga bruha talaga kayo.

x x x


Phil-Am Life bldg, Valero entrance. 3am.

Daniel: "I'd have to go in a few minutes. Matatapos na lunch ko e. Pero, I really appreciate you dropping by tonight. At least we got time to talk, and you got to meet Darkwinter. "

De Guzman: "Ambilis naman."

Daniel: "Finish that taho".

De Guzman: "Ayoko nga. Then it'll mean that I'll have to go."

Daniel: "Ha, ang corny mo. So, let me walk you to your car?" *reaches out hand.

De Guzman: *laughs out* "Mas corny ka. Its what, a few meters. *smiles. Takes hand.

De Guzman: *pauses* "Hop in."

x x x


Toshi: "I know you. And I know when someone likes you. Whats not to like about him ba?"

Advent: "O ayan lumabas din. Everytime someone comes up to me, you expect me to just fall headfirst? You guys of all people know me better. I'm done with that."

Darwinter: "I've said that to myself before."

x x x


Cafe del Mar track 1 playing in the background

De Guzman: "What? You don't know what Leviste St. is? Its just behind your building!"
*snickers

Daniel: "Well, its just...different at night.

*pause

De Guzman: "Let's go to Greenbelt park - the old one."

Daniel: "At this hour?"

De Guzman: "At this hour."

x x x


Paulo: "So he held your hand and then what?"

Advent: "I told him his hands were rough."

Toshi: "Josko."

Advent: "E, sa magaspang ang kamay niya e ano magagawa ko?"

Darkwinter: "I know what happens next." *smiles

x x x

inside a parked car.

De Guzman: "So wanna go for a walk?"

Daniel: "Let's stay in here."

De Guzman: "Ok."

*pause

De Guzman: "I missed you."

Daniel: "Haha. We just saw each other last week. Next please. *smiles* I like this park a lot. It has a very calming effect especially during mor--"

De Guzman: "I'm serious. I really did."

*eyes, meeting

De Guzman: "Derek, can I kiss you?"
.
..
...

Daniel: "Was just waiting for you to ask me."

x x x



Darkwinter: "Kita mo yang nakasulat sa mukha mo? Its a glow you can't hide. I see that everytime you talk about him"

Advent: *stiffling a smile* "Thank you Dr. Belo..."

Toshi: "Ayan ka na naman."

Paulo: "Ah, basta. Things will change with that smackeroo. You can bet on that."

Advent: "Look, I'm not gonna let 2 months go down the drain. It was a rough start but I'm happy where we are now. We have fun. I'm here for him, he's there for me. It will remain that way because I'll make sure of that."

Paulo: "Lets see how this pans out. *evil grin* Meeting adjourned, lets go get coffee sa Starbucks.

Advent: Sure, sounds good. But make it Seattle's? I'll just finish up here. I'll follow.

Advent is left on the table, gazing.
.
..

Darkwinter: "Are you gonna finish that?" She looks at him with eyes that said words that need not be said. She holds his hand, a gesture that said, "Everythings gonna be alright."

Both smiled.

Advent drinks down the viscous and devilishly delish concoction- Chocolate EspaƱol - in a single gulp.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

Advent of 2005.
I'm delusion angel / I'm fantasy parade / I want you to know what I think / Don't want you to guess anymore / You have no idea where I came from / We have no idea where we're going / Latched in life / Like branches in a river/ Flowing downstream / Caught in the current / I'll carry you / You'll carry me / That's how it could be / Don't you know me? / Don't you know me by now?
Have a good one everyone!
=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home